DDay v5.03

Topics relating to D-Day modeling/coding/skinning etc.

Moderator: Rab,d

PowaBanga

DDay v5.03

Post by PowaBanga » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:03 am

Hi all,
I finally completely compiled the game for linux with q2pro engine. All work really good, on my computer.
  • can run md3 models
  • Search autocratically servers in servers.lst and http://q2servers.com/?mod=*&g=dday
  • Compiled for Windows, linux i386 & x86_64
  • Support binding menu
  • Correction of some file names
  • Change some hud pictures
  • linux only -> Dirk's game compiled 5.065b
  • Add q2admin configuration file from Dirk's server.
    (it's configured for dirk server, an he said to me, that he did not put the maps who make crash his server, if i good understood)
  • For moment, i don't remember if there is very important other stuf to say
I you want improve texture, or replace md2 models by md3 (just replace .md3 by .md2 if i understood), you can fork it on github

And this my last realase. What is god with the link of the last realase, is that we can easy update it, the link will say every time the same. And every body can easily modify the game by fork it, and send his pull request.

I did not integrate EGL in, because I don't find source, and I can't compil it for that dday folder be the default folder
You can join me on IRC : in irc.quakenet.org chan : #ddayhome or on Freenode, chan #ddaynormandy .
Do not hesitate to type my pseudo to highlight me.
Or open an issue on github to highligh me by mail.
RSS

Shrewd

Re: DDay v5.03

Post by Shrewd » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:11 pm

PowaBanga

Post by PowaBanga » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:37 pm

well done !

But I read in readme
This is the complete source code for Quake 2, version 3.21, buildable with
visual C++ 6.0. The linux version should be buildable, but we haven't
tested it for the release.
There is no makefile to build it easily me I am on linux, I don't will work on it if i can not do it for linux. For that i can, I have to learn how to use visual c++ compiler, and I have no time to do that now, it is really a very great work, and I have to work for my study now.

But for now, with this realase, if you make some textures imporvements, or build model in md3, you can directly integrate it in my maps pak for that all players can have it easily.

If I have time after my study I will work on that but i promess nothing. The only promess that I do, is if there some good update on my github, I will integrate in the next release.
If you want that one texture can be improve in the game, same if it is just for one picture, just do it, because nobody will do it at your place, and share it on my github, if no, your work risk to be lost in futur.

I think really that the game can be easily improved just with q2pro, without a too great work, it for that that I did this realase. Already just for the menu and auto server list update ! I take a look to on the rab'd work, it is a really great work that he done, we can use it.
You can join me on IRC : in irc.quakenet.org chan : #ddayhome or on Freenode, chan #ddaynormandy .
RSS

Shrewd

Post by Shrewd » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:24 pm

I agree, it's a great well done job for what I've seen.

It's been a long time since I don't play dday, and I could not play on the Facebook Event.
I'm a Windows user I'll try to compile EGL one of these days as it is... I don't know if you want to add any extras, as you seem to have done with Q2pro.

PowaBanga

Post by PowaBanga » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:23 am

With Q2pro, it was not really a great work in reality. Q2pro is make for that we can do it. but yeah, it should be a good idee
RSS

Shrewd

Post by Shrewd » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:55 pm

I am not able to compile it due to OpenAL errors... seems the SDK available is very new.
Got an old version as well but doesn't compile either :(

Btw discovered another implementation https://github.com/yquake2/yquake2

PowaBanga

Post by PowaBanga » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Yeah I know yamagi it was that i use before q2pro because yamagi is easy to install on linux. I created this issues about dday generaly. What is good with yamagy, is that the project is active, so when you have a question, the answer is fast. But actualy, Q2pro do more that yamagui, and it is more stable and finished. But as I sayd, yamagui is an active project, maybe later it will can be best than Q2pro, i don't know.
RSS