I joined the Navy

Non-D-Day related topics.
DuckHunter

I joined the Navy

Post by DuckHunter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:15 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you guys know I joined the Navy. My ship out date to Great Lakes, Illinois is in January but it might get moved up to September.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Re: I joined the Navy

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:32 am

As a former ground pounder the is the smart service to join. Good luck.

mofo

Post by mofo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:33 am

As a former merchant mariner, the navy is a terrible choice. Something goes wrong on a ship....say a kitchen fire, it can be a disaster for everyone. Hell just a small collision on a navy vessel could result in deaths. Y'all are packed in like fucking sardines. At least the tanker I was on we all got our own cabins. Navy guys and gals typically share quarters with 3-30 people, even officer. Maritime life, even for the guys not really doin shit is a damned dangerous one. Heavy seas and an old ship could result in a cracked keel in the middle of the night, and then everyone is scrambling for their gumby suits and escape corridors. Wise choice would be to get involved with Navair and get a nice safe job at an air station. Get lucky and youll find yourself at Dahlgren or Pax River where they test all the fun top secret stuff! Overall, at least in the navy you get to see the world and the most spectacular night skies only a select few humans on this planet get the chance to see.
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."

lepord155

Post by lepord155 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:21 am

During my visit to the Musee du Debarquement in Arromanches in August 20st 2014, I met this vet. I'm not sure but I think he had belonged to the 56th British Infantry Brigade.
We are the leading the world in providing best Hobe Sound Bible College and actual tests 70-486 - braindumps.com prep solutions. Our incredible offers for certkiller ccna voice course - braindumps.com accessible at reasonable prices; our Youtube is very rare in IT world.