So If Phelps is a pot head and won the most medals .....

Non-D-Day related topics.
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

So If Phelps is a pot head and won the most medals .....

Post by Mr. YOur no fun »

doesn't that imply something about pot making you great?
Luiso

Re: So If Phelps is a pot head and won the most medals .....

Post by Luiso »

The point I never understood is why mary jane or hash (THC in general) is considered dopping... Dopping is supposed to make you take an advantage of some substance... but from THC? What would Phelps get from it? Red eyes before gettin' into the water? No way. They shouldn't ban pot.
"[...]As I take hits from the bong[...]"

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

No, the only circumstance pot is a performance-enhancing drug is when you're playing video games or making dday maps (this isn't from personal experience)
Matthias
Developer
Developer

Post by Matthias »

He isn't been suspended for doping abuse, but for his misbehaviour as a role model (by his own federation). The situation would have been different if he had used during the OS, then the International Federation probably would have prosecuted him.

Same with cyclist Tom Boonen, he used cocaine during a party but not prior to a race. So he wasn't suspended for doping abuse.
[3ID]If6Was9

Post by [3ID]If6Was9 »

Michael Phelps is the fastest swimmer in the world. Michael Phelps has never smoked pot. You choose your case.

Thank You

mofo

Post by mofo »

[3ID]If6Was9 wrote:Michael Phelps is the fastest swimmer in the world. Michael Phelps has never smoked pot. You choose your case.

Thank You

dumbest post ever!
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."
GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

I honestly feel very bad for the guy. After Christmas when all the sports channels were doing their "top 10 sports stories" of 2009 Phelps' olympic performance was rated far too low. I didn't follow his performance well, but I know the guy won tons of medals. And now this bs? What a joke, if the guy wants to smoke a little weed who gives a shit? If he was an alcoholic no one would care.
mofo

Post by mofo »

i know from a reliable source and former team mate of micheal phelps, that he was also a bad role model as an athlete. never led a healthy life and was a dick. sure hes a great athlete, but he had what he got comin.
GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Thats weak mofo, especially coming from you.

People are free to be as big a dick as they want. These forums are a perfect example of that. I have respect for anyone in the lime-light who doesn't plant on a phony smile for the masses. (of course I nor anyone else can begrudge him making some money acting in commercials)

As for his diet mofo think about it this way. How many calories do you think the guy burns in one day of training? I'd bet its crap loads more than you and I would in a week. A month?

If we're going to start burning celebrities at the stake for their short-comings then lets be fair.

Who's forgotten about Mel Gibson's night of adultery, blind-drunkeness, resisting of arrest and ignorant racism and hate mongering? Everyone apparently.

Edit:

Thanks to Fark.com for this one
Naturally the Weekly World News does it's best to mention how this photo will kill Phelps' endorsement opportunities. Really? He got a DUI when he was 19, which is about 300 times worse than smoking weed, and that hasn't exactly hurt him.

Plus, he's 23, has 14-gold-medals, and he's an international celebrity. We should be glad the worst picture of Phelps out there is him hitting a bong, rather than him doing lines off of a hooker's back. Cut the man some slack.

Also, as for this "role model" horse crap, parents these days are for the most part useless and too willing to let others shape their child's mind. Parents are responsible for their children's idiocy up until they're of "legal" age (for lack of a better benchmark).
mofo

Post by mofo »

the guys a dick. im tellin ya....i dont care what you say. my girlfriend had known him personally for years and her mom baby sat him. i live in maryland, know many people that grew up with him. and they all think hes a dick. the reason he worked out so much was cause he was an arrogant dick and had no friends. plain and simple. the guy is a dick.
GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Good I hope he is.
mofo

Post by mofo »

he got a little thing called karma hittin him hard. hes a dick....he deserved what he got.
Luiso

Post by Luiso »

Let's all hate him... dem pothead... dem prick... dem gypsy!! yarrrrrr.

btw, im with graham.

Munstin

Post by Munstin »

Ah, but dicks also fuck assholes...
Cpl. Munstin
505 Pathfinders
GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

mofo wrote:he got a little thing called karma hittin him hard. hes a dick....he deserved what he got.
?

He's in jail? Been castrated? Besides people knowing he's smoking pot what exactly has happened to him? He lost a few endorsements? Shucks, he'll just have to live off whatever money is given to him by the government to make up for time spent training.
mofo

Post by mofo »

he was suspended from the US swim team which means hes not going to compete. for an athlete thats a pretty tough hit.
Munstin

Post by Munstin »

GypsyLlama wrote:
mofo wrote:he got a little thing called karma hittin him hard. hes a dick....he deserved what he got.
?

He's in jail? Been castrated? Besides people knowing he's smoking pot what exactly has happened to him? He lost a few endorsements? Shucks, he'll just have to live off whatever money is given to him by the government to make up for time spent training.

Weren't you the one saying that you felt bad for him a few posts back? :?

I don't know him. I don't know if he's a dick or not. I don't think smoking weed affects his performance or that it's even that scandalous. But I do know that after the Olympics a bunch of companies were willing to pay him $100 million to do some ads and be on good behaviour (be a role model) for the next 4 years. I find the fact that he might have pissed that all away amusing. If you were paid millions and millions of dollars to not smoke pot and get drunk in public for a couple years wouldn't you do it? And how big of a dumbass do you have to be to throw it all away for lack of self control?

If you are an Olympic champ and don't want to be a role model, fine. If you like the party life that's your business. But then don't accept all that money and get your picture on the Wheaties box or whatever. He was being paid (a fucking lot) to be a role model and that's the difference. That's why he deserves all the negative attention, lost contracts, suspensions, etc.
Cpl. Munstin
505 Pathfinders
Luiso

Post by Luiso »

Maybe people got to change their minds about pot. I dont think that smoking that shit makes him the worst person in the world. He's the best swimmer (sp?) in the olympic history and if he smokes a joint he's a loser? That's like assume that if you smoke you can't be a valid person... and thats totally wrong. If people knew what their "role models" do at night they'd be scared.

mofo

Post by mofo »

he was a loser before he had the medals and was publically known for smokin pot and hes a loser now.
GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Fine lets track the fudge packer down and lynch him, then we'll go back to mofo's for a baby roast.
Munstin

Post by Munstin »

Luiso wrote:Maybe people got to change their minds about pot. I dont think that smoking that shit makes him the worst person in the world. He's the best swimmer (sp?) in the olympic history and if he smokes a joint he's a loser? That's like assume that if you smoke you can't be a valid person... and thats totally wrong. If people knew what their "role models" do at night they'd be scared.

Good role models are supposed to be squeaky clean, or at least only show that to the public. They don't get drunk, do drugs or even swear. What would you think of Obama if there was a video of him from last week smoking up and swearing in a drunken rant? It's not so much the fact that he was smoking as it is the professional, idealistic image that he should be maintaining. Especially if he's getting paid for it. ;[
Cpl. Munstin
505 Pathfinders
mofo

Post by mofo »

nothing like a good ol BBBQ
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun »

So I take it none of you are flowing with my suggestion that pot makes you a world class athlete?
Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Post by Rab,d »

hehe. I certainly have voiced my opinion on the use of Herb.
So...if anything...he is twarting the system. Oh..the irony. Marijuana IS a performance enhancing drug. btw....IMHO<>. Silly? Hey. But, should we all money hugry>? Maybe he's saisified. Maybe he wants to do want he wants.
Could be completely unrelated. Could be coincidence. But, i do not believe in coincidence. Maybe a hint of the truth about pot. Far reaching? Maybe not so bad...? etc. It's really personal choice and a hope that it's used rather than abused. Anyting can be a vehicle for success...really. But, to judge another for what they want to experience...that hurts no other...that's the question at hand.
I certainly would not want to be judged on my performance if that was known of me. Because as it stands right now...I am considered very professional and in high demand. What would change? Although illegal, I feel it's discriminatory to a point.
mofo

Post by mofo »

now hes gotten 8 other people charged with drug related charges....and hes not. so now hes getting others in troulbe with the law. all over his dumb ass getting photographed hittin a bong. its just common sense....if youre doing something illegal, dont document it.