Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:16 pm

EEEEK!

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Re: I remember when....

Post by InFerNo » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Congrats man!

If you don't cry when they hand you the baby, you should get yourself checked!

Night Rider

Post by Night Rider » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:50 pm

They grow so fast also take alot of pictures because they be teens before you know it there.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"
John Wayne

MetalGod

Post by MetalGod » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Mine is almost 11. Holy shit, it goes by fast.

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:18 pm

mofo

Post by mofo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:11 pm

GypsyLlama wrote:
InFerNo wrote:We were kids when we started playing and now we have kids of our own.
I got one on the way too! I'm sure that is more than a little terrifying to some of the people I used to play this game with.

Good lord that was quick!
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:31 am

I am still childless, unmarried and unloved. That stayed the same.

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:34 pm

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

Whelp, I suppose here is a good chance to reveal a secret I've had from my DDay days... It's kind of funny, I was SO worried someone would find out my secret way back in the day but now I actually doubt anyone who reads this would even remember...

My secret is: I have no little brother.

If you don't know the context: I was a highly respected member of the DDay community and had rcon access to a LOT of the servers. Every once in awhile, someone with my name/access would start doing horrible things with my access. I blamed my "little brother" who found out my passwords but in reality - I was just getting burned out on DDay and needed some excitement.

Oh - and also, I was offered the position of the main moderator of the old DDay forums but turned it down.

In any case, not sure if I'll ever be playing DDay again. Not even sure I even have any files to be able to run whatever needs to be run to play it. But if you play World of Tanks on the north american server and see someone at the start of the battle cry out my old battlecry: "SPOON!" Go ahead and say hi from my old dday days...

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:01 am

So you made us suffer for it then.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Yeah.. it was an odd time in my life and I always felt kinda bad about it. Hopefully I didn't cause too much angst among the community... :\

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Well you weren't the only one doing such stuff so let it go.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:43 am

Very true - we were all just kids back then. I checked my old drive and I still have a lot of old DDay stuff on there. Including the original 3.0 & 4.0 beta test builds. I think it was 3.0 that while testing the day before it was set to be released, I found a major bug that delayed release for like a week. I found the newly implemented jump meter (which was suppose to stop those rascally M1 Bunnies) didn't actually work as long as you held your fire button down.

Good times!

Minty

Post by Minty » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:32 pm

I remember when the dev split off from the main forum.. kind of..

I remember being a dumb kid who sucked at this game but thought he was great and just really deep-down, wanted to feel included and appreciated.

So many of us hated so many others back then.. and so passionately!

I think I was 12 or 13 when I first started playing. Played all the way through high school!

BookerT

Post by BookerT » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:50 am

I remember the forums split. I remember getting kicked from IRC channels.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:59 am

Oh yeah, I also remember when I was offered the head moderator of the original official DDay forums when the first one stepped down (I think his name was Sidewinder?)

And yeah... I got kids now myself. Twins who are nearly 3 years old now and a 3rd on the way due March...

There have been a lot of both great and personally terrible times for me concerning this damn game! Even over a decade later, I still find it fun and almost painfully nostalgic thinking back on it all...

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Does anyone remember these from 9 years ago?

http://holysh1t.net/dday/dynamic.ddayno ... /index.php

http://holysh1t.net/dday/school.ddaynormandy.com/

Currently http://www.ddaynormandy.com/ has a message up that I'm supposed to recover the site, but I've asked Dirk a couple of times to give me some FTP creds.

here's a bonus:
http://holysh1t.net/dday/squadbase/

I've lost the database though, and so has Dirk.

MetalGod

Post by MetalGod » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:59 pm

Phoenix, we knew you had no little brother. Grinder and I talked about it often. lol

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:25 am

MetalGod wrote:Phoenix, we knew you had no little brother. Grinder and I talked about it often. lol
LOL! Seriously? What gave it away?

Also, sorry for not playing lately - I used to work at home full time so I could jump on whenever. But about a month or so ago, they moved me back into an office. I'm barely on my computer anymore to be honest. Really want to get back on to playing again though somehow. But with three kids and a full time job, can be kinda tough.

luosT .tcR

Post by luosT .tcR » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:42 pm

We need to get DDAY going again, we need to get it running on Android and IPad and Iphones, then we can all connect to a regular server and start up the fun of the good old days, I have a 10 year old son, and I am sure he would love playing, DDAY is programmed in C, thus it can be done by those that know how to do it, Dirk & Fafner I am sure can do it, they already got regular Q2 running, just need that same configuration compiled to Android and IPhone & Ipad, my 10 year old son's name would be Rct. Thomas, this is something I think would take off.

Link on how to Q2 on your Android
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ramcPDbOq90

Link to me playing Q2 on my tablet
https://youtu.be/CoUOMvn__7s

Now it sucks with the onscreen controls but I am going to get a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
Last edited by luosT .tcR on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.article134.org
exec shittalk.cfg

Bill Stokes
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill Stokes » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:16 am

luosT .tcR wrote:We need to get DDAY going again, we need to get it running on Android and IPad and Iphones
How can you play it on a phone? Even on a desktop PC I had to have arms like an octopus and more key binds than keys!

Nick

GenPATTON

Post by GenPATTON » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:17 am

Man this thread is full.of great memories.
Names I haven't thought of forever. Was pretty good friends with Corky. Last I heard he was in the Air Force stationed in italy.

I joined too, worked Guidance control for B52s. Now back in Cincinnati.

Anyone ever wants to add me, I'm Watjalukinat on steam, origin etc.

Nice to see people from way back when.

Also, agree with Funionz. Look back at old posts and I was a dick. I really hated Farner for some reason. Bygones.

Derwood
Developer
Developer

Post by Derwood » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 pm

GenPATTON wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:17 am
Man this thread is full.of great memories.
Names I haven't thought of forever. Was pretty good friends with Corky. Last I heard he was in the Air Force stationed in italy.

I joined too, worked Guidance control for B52s. Now back in Cincinnati.

Anyone ever wants to add me, I'm Watjalukinat on steam, origin etc.

Nice to see people from way back when.

Also, agree with Funionz. Look back at old posts and I was a dick. I really hated Farner for some reason. Bygones.
Jebus H Christ lol

NaN

Post by NaN » Sun May 14, 2017 12:23 am

Wow. Wow wowowowowoow. I had to register and reply to some of the old school people on this topic going here. Had a chat with a friend today about Q2 dday.. "hey mike remember when you were NaN and people on the internet made pictures of you as a potato???".

So now I'm here reading this old thread and laughing at all the memories.. wow these were the days.. I can't even remember what clan I was in, What a blur. Either way now I'm 30.. and have a 1 month old daughter.. but I will always be.. NaN.

My memory of this game is basically listening to Tool, and running around no sighting rifles, and after looking at YouTube videos of Dday again.. wow I miss this game so much! But of course I remember the pictures/videos you made of me as a Potato, wtf... I miss being a kid. Lol.

Again.. Great to see all this stuff, thank you all for everything and making my childhood gaming experiences the best, hope this message finds old pals!

-NaN (Michael)

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:42 pm

NaN wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 12:23 am
Wow. Wow wowowowowoow. I had to register and reply to some of the old school people on this topic going here. Had a chat with a friend today about Q2 dday.. "hey mike remember when you were NaN and people on the internet made pictures of you as a potato???".

So now I'm here reading this old thread and laughing at all the memories.. wow these were the days.. I can't even remember what clan I was in, What a blur. Either way now I'm 30.. and have a 1 month old daughter.. but I will always be.. NaN.

My memory of this game is basically listening to Tool, and running around no sighting rifles, and after looking at YouTube videos of Dday again.. wow I miss this game so much! But of course I remember the pictures/videos you made of me as a Potato, wtf... I miss being a kid. Lol.

Again.. Great to see all this stuff, thank you all for everything and making my childhood gaming experiences the best, hope this message finds old pals!

-NaN (Michael)
Well said dude! I'm also 30ish and have a 2 and a half year-old and another on the way. God, hard to believe we were playing this game almost 20 years ago now. Enjoy the young'un! Lots of fun and frustration to come!