And you think you are tough

Non-D-Day related topics.
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

And you think you are tough

Post by Mr. YOur no fun »

I was reading about bed bugs last night. They can stand temperatures between -33 to +115F and can go a year without eating. Those are some tough critters.

mofo

Re: And you think you are tough

Post by mofo »

they live over a year?
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."

Afrow UK
Developer
Developer

Post by Afrow UK »

That's nasty. They say you should change your mattress every 2 years because dead skin can build up and bring an infestation of bed bugs. I use a mattress protector though so I'm not worried :)

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

Afrow UK wrote:That's nasty. They say you should change your mattress every 2 years because dead skin can build up and bring an infestation of bed bugs. I use a mattress protector though so I'm not worried :)
I've seen those before afrow,my 5yr old nephew has them lol.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

What, a mattress protector?

I have looked my Futon over, and don't seem the following the instructions (that is good), but I was just reading.

And yes, they live more than a year.

Luiso

Post by Luiso »

Does that mean that the octogenary ppl like you get octogenary bed bugs?
"[...]As I take hits from the bong[...]"

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

No, it means when you collapse on your bed in a smoke haze and sleep, they are chewing on you.

[169th]Ken

Post by [169th]Ken »

since a picture is worth a thousand words these 2 pictures will explain who is living in your bed without paying rent.

A Bedbug, they feed on blood you can tell because of it's small mouth designed to pierce skins and suck your blood.It's like thousands of vampires waiting for you to fall asleep.

Dust mite, smaller than a bedbug feeds on dead skin. If your are allergic to dust than this is your culprit because Dust allergies are caused by this buggers poop.

:shuders:
you know you want to click this: http://www.freewebs.com/169thinfanteriedivision/

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

I think what's really scary is that inside of you and me there's literally a world of bacteria and other single cell life forms. Kind of makes you wonder what "you" actually means.

kenny

Post by kenny »

Afrow UK wrote:That's nasty. They say you should change your mattress every 2 years because dead skin can build up and bring an infestation of bed bugs. I use a mattress protector though so I'm not worried :)
Afrow u goon u piss the bed or u got a plastic matress like my 3 year old! :lol: Dont let your meatloaf!!

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

GypsyLlama wrote:I think what's really scary is that inside of you and me there's literally a world of bacteria and other single cell life forms. Kind of makes you wonder what "you" actually means.
Ah, the Cult of Sam is penetrating.

Big walking bags of liquid that host a million life forms and talk to themselves.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Life Cycle

Female bed bugs lay from one to twelve eggs per day, and the eggs are deposited on rough surfaces or in crack and crevices. The eggs are coated with a sticky substance so they adhere to the substrate. Eggs hatch in 6 to 17 days, and nymphs can immediately begin to feed. They require a blood meal in order to molt. Bed bugs reach maturity after five molts. Developmental time (egg to adult) is affected by temperature and takes about 21 days at 86° F to 120 days at 65° F. The nymphal period is greatly prolonged when food is scarce. Nymphs and adults can live for several months without food. The adult's lifespan may encompass 12-18 months. Three or more generations can occur each year.

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Mr. YOur no fun wrote:Life Cycle

Female bed bugs lay from one to twelve eggs per day, and the eggs are deposited on rough surfaces or in crack and crevices. The eggs are coated with a sticky substance so they adhere to the substrate. Eggs hatch in 6 to 17 days, and nymphs can immediately begin to feed. They require a blood meal in order to molt. Bed bugs reach maturity after five molts. Developmental time (egg to adult) is affected by temperature and takes about 21 days at 86° F to 120 days at 65° F. The nymphal period is greatly prolonged when food is scarce. Nymphs and adults can live for several months without food. The adult's lifespan may encompass 12-18 months. Three or more generations can occur each year.
So what? They procreate like any other living organism? Is there some bed-bug epidemic that I'm unaware of? Are they injecting small children with horrible venom?? It's just a bug like any other, a multi-dimensional percieving entity maybe but still just a bug.

Afrow UK
Developer
Developer

Post by Afrow UK »

You guys obviously don't have sex very often then :D

Edit: Oh look :S

Luiso

Post by Luiso »

if your bed looks like that, shame on you stu. I have sex very often and my bed is still clean after 4 years of use. Never had those...
"[...]As I take hits from the bong[...]"

Afrow UK
Developer
Developer

Post by Afrow UK »

:lol:
Sorry to disappoint you but I got that image off google. It's what happens after a few years if you DON'T use a mattress protector. Bed sheets don't stop dead skin.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

I have sex every night.

Now if I could get a person to come over.

JEEESSHHHHHH Gypsy, not every post is about what is up with you. I just found it interesting.

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Mr. YOur no fun wrote: JEEESSHHHHHH Gypsy, not every post is about what is up with you. I just found it interesting.
It isn't?

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Oh....Oh, you are right, I forgot. My apology.

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

all is forgiven