D&D 8bit Style

Non-D-Day related topics.
TeckDragon

D&D 8bit Style

Post by TeckDragon »

For those of you who have never experienced D&D this is a fun kind of way to introduce you to the sometimes crazy gaming sessions. Those of us who have played D&D will find this even more amusing assuming you had good times playing. None the less enjoy.

http://www.cybermoonstudios.com/8bitDandD.html

8)

Quakeroats

Post by Quakeroats »

how the hell can you people playa game like that. must be boring as hell :lol:

mofo

Post by mofo »

wow, im kinda glad i never started playin that......A&A all the way!
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."

SHINY

Post by SHINY »

lol nice story that red mage is getting mad

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Quakeroats wrote:how the hell can you people playa game like that. must be boring as hell :lol:
The audio for that was originally from an SNL skit. It's funny but thankfully games don't go like that. I started playing when I was really young with a small group of my friends. We play it now every couple of weeks, and it's just a fun way to get together with friends I don't see much anymore. It's true, there are the stereotypical dorks who play, but I can garauntee you that some of the people who play D&D and other role playing games would completely surprise you. I've met all kind of people, guys and girls, who play D&D and those who actually give it a chance find that they like it or don't. Its no different than playing a board game like Monopoly, A&A, or Risk. People just automatically assume that D&D is only played by the socially inept.

TeckDragon

Post by TeckDragon »

This is very true thanks for the backup Gypsy. Lots of people played D&D some very famous, such as Vin Disel, and Robin Williams to name a few that I know of off the bat.

As a matter of fact Vin Disel still plays D&D and has wrote a forward to one of the new D&D books pulished recently. He's got a Witch hunter as well as a Drow Assasin charecter. Odd picturing him as the sneaky Drow type.

There are other famous celeb's that played D&D can't remember a lot of them though. Still the community is hudge and it's drawing in more and more people every day even those of you who say would never play D&D are getting drawn into our amazing infulence. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

P.S. I'm evil charecters mostly Gypsy, my DM is in fact Jumper Dude and he makes campaigns that kind of reward the evil types fun as hell though being evil, try it sometime. That is if you aren't already.
:twisted:

SHINY

Post by SHINY »

vindiesel lol
i think alot of celebs play games secretly

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo »

it think the background is 16bit :'(

Batukhan

Post by Batukhan »

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

TeckDragon wrote:This is very true thanks for the backup Gypsy. Lots of people played D&D some very famous, such as Vin Disel, and Robin Williams to name a few that I know of off the bat.

As a matter of fact Vin Disel still plays D&D and has wrote a forward to one of the new D&D books pulished recently. He's got a Witch hunter as well as a Drow Assasin charecter. Odd picturing him as the sneaky Drow type.
You obviously haven't seen the movies Pitch Black, or the Chronicles of Riddick. He plays a black dude who's the sole survivor of a race of warriors who can see in the dark and are incredibly strong and agile.

SuperSniperChicken
Developer
Developer

Post by SuperSniperChicken »

role playing games are for kids that dont have access to guns (BB or real)

TeckDragon

Post by TeckDragon »

GypsyLlama wrote:
TeckDragon wrote:This is very true thanks for the backup Gypsy. Lots of people played D&D some very famous, such as Vin Disel, and Robin Williams to name a few that I know of off the bat.

You obviously haven't seen the movies Pitch Black, or the Chronicles of Riddick. He plays a black dude who's the sole survivor of a race of warriors who can see in the dark and are incredibly strong and agile.
Yeah I forgot about those Gyspy thanks for reminding me. Don't know how that slipped my mind. :x

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo »

SuperSniperChicken wrote:role playing games are for kids that dont have access to guns (BB or real)
:lol:

BINGO!!

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Yes, only through the distribution of firearms to infants can we ensure that our children will grow up to be level-headed, mild-mannered, and generally good people. That makes.. sen..se..?

Eitherway, don't be ignorant. It's just a game, one of many. People playing D&D are dorks, maybe, but no more so than anyone playing any card, board or video game. The thing that hasn't been mentioned is D&D has the largest following of pretty much any game ever. It's been around 30 years and will last much longer than that. When I meet a new person, there's always a good chance that if we share nothing else in common we most likely both play RPGs of some kind.

TeckDragon

Post by TeckDragon »

Damn straight Gypsy, damn straight.

Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Post by Rab,d »

I played oldschool D&D ,seriously, for about 2 years. Jr. High. Around 1985. :wink: I just happen to get to know a city kid that was a big DM. Met him at wrestling camp. He got me into it...he was a great Dm. Very organized and creative. 8)
But, he used to love to come to my house and play D&D. I lived out a ibit and had a large forested mountain behind my house. We would gather some of the neighborhood kids and play a great game outdoors. The mountain is checker boarded with a handfull of trails and an old logging road splitting it laterally halfway up. There are many other small landmarks like old forts of past generations...stone walls(many), a few caves, a creak, 3 natural spring wells(they are concrete circles put there by delevopers to keep the springs from eroding the ground, but you could imagine a poll of rejuvenation or something), There was a large building up in this clearing that burned down in the 50's . Great for a ruins.
He would carry his notebook and we would make our way from landmark to landmark, rolling the dice as went went. We often carried staves or something that looked like a sword or whatever your character would have. And then act out the encounter or sequence.
Those were fun times. I lost touch with him after awhile and i basically stopped playing.
There's nothing like a good DM.
I have enjoyed some games over the years, since then.

TeckDragon

Post by TeckDragon »

Ah good times those, good times thanks Rab's.

Liquid

Post by Liquid »

rpg's r the best . final fantasy 7 8 9 10 tactics , xenogears , legend of dragoon, legend of legaia, chrono cross, and lots more . good stuff :)

SHINY

Post by SHINY »

i like rpg's to especially the ones on GBA and DS and stuff since you can always play em

I LOVE GOLDEN SUN ! anyone who has a GBA get goldensun it owns

Batukhan

Post by Batukhan »

Oh... i remember the times on when i played MUD. Damn these games ruled! So much better than many of current RPG's (kinda hard to compete with WoW tho).