Guide to Squads

Boons
Developer
Developer

Guide to Squads

Post by Boons » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:46 am

In this topic you will find information about why to join a squad, how to join a squad, and how to be an ideal member of a squad.

So first things first, a squad is a group of players that wear a tag because they have decided to team up and compete versus other squads in matches. This is also known as a clan in other games.

Why join a dday squad?

Squads are for players interested in playing the best form of dday possible. Matches produce at atmosphere where teamplay can flourish and will put your skills to the test. The main reason to join a squad? To play in matches. In this same atmosphere the dday ethics really come through and to not follow them strictly is extremely frowned upon. You are highly unlikely to be subject to the lameness of bunnying, diving, spawn camping ect ect when you are playing in a match. If you are an active player on dday there is no reason you should not be in a squad.

If you are looking to imrove your skills on dday. Join a squad.
If you are looking to challenege yourself. Join a squad.
If you are looking for more fun from this game. Join a squad.

Another excellent reason for tagging up and joining a squad is the fact that you will undoubtingly get to know your squad mates alot better. This only enhances the game even more. From my point of view its alot more fun to play with/versus people you know a little better then "Boons shot down mofo".

So now that you know the reasons to join a squad, you should probably figure out what squad to join. In general I would definitely suggest joining a squad with players you already get along with. Nothing is more annoying when players on the same team bicker over pointless stuff. Keep in mind joining a squad is to play a tougher game, and have fun so it probably is not a good idea to join a squad with players you do not like. I would also suggest do a little reasearch, dday has a limited player base and if you see that one squad is low on members that is the one you should join. Matches can not happen if every player joins one huge squad. To join is usually as simple as "hey Boons or Beliger or Rabid , Can I join your squad?" Maybe in the future it will become harder. But for now it is quite simple. To quickly summarize, find the squad you want to join, figure out who the CO is, request permission to join, it is that simple.

Once you are wearing that tag, lets talk about what can be done to make sure it is a good expirience for you. I find you will get out of a squad what you put in. What I mean by this is try and take an active roll in the squad. If your squad has forums, join them. If your squad uses teamspeak, download it. If your squad uses xfire, download that. If your squad is playing in a match, actively say you want to play in it. If there is a practice, try and show up. If you join a squad and don't take part in it, whats the point?

Some of my personal annoyances when people are in my squad:
Follow dday ethics. You are in a squad and there is no reason to play lamely.
Do not flame. It looks lame and in general is just annoying.
Do not bicker with other squad mates. Also annoying.
Smurfing. Why hide who you are?

Now that you know all this, JOIN A SQUAD! Like I said before, if you actively play this game and are not playing in matches, you are missing out on the best gameplay the game has to offer. Put your skills the test and see if you can help make your squad the best dday squad!

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Re: Guide to Squads

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:18 pm

If you are looking to imrove your skills on dday. Join a squad.

Lets see - when I was in 3rd Canadian they had me run around for each other to practice shooting.

If you are looking to challenege yourself. Join a squad.

Lets see - when I was in 3rd Canadian they gave me a dictionary but I never used it, and I had to learn to hear French Canadian, and be as smiling and funny as Janus.

If you are looking for more fun from this game. Join a squad.

Yes, the squabbling over tactics and getting rid of people who then formed other squads, that was fun.

But then I digress, it is more interesting on a squad then by one self.

Boons
Developer
Developer

Post by Boons » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:00 pm

:lol:

Well our squad expiriences were quite different. Nonetheless the idea is the same. Even if your squad sucks, usually better players will get into squads because of their skills. Playing a group of good players is more challenging then playing the public. This ofcourse thereby increasing your skill level just through playing versus better players.

squad=better gameplay

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:06 am

Oh I agree, playing as a squad make it more like a ww2 game then bouncing around on one's own.

Dice

Post by Dice » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:49 pm

i'm new and interested in maybe joining a squad.. is that AR clan still around? for real tho i just got a pretty decent computer again, and im currently collecting unemployment which equals out to my normal paycheck so im a stay at home dad now : ) for 20 weeks atleast. so if i can hunt down some old AR folks and all my grinder and mac shout paks or if someone wants to pick up a gold metal athletic championship sniper/infy/helmet killing killer i am down...