I have the wrong set of my maps?

Topics regarding running or playing on D-Day servers.
Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

I have the wrong set of my maps?

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:44 am

It was decided to run one of my old maps munf1 and the server crashed because my map didn't match the server, which is odd as I made the map

Gomp
Developer
Developer

Re: I have the wrong set of my maps?

Post by Gomp » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Mr. YOur no fun wrote:It was decided to run one of my old maps munf1 and the server crashed because my map didn't match the server, which is odd as I made the map
Same happened to me.. Some person made changes, and did not have the decency to alter the maps name ..

I just found my old map: Madex.bsp .. :D

I had saved it by mistake in the quake 2 folder (extracted it to the wrong folder) .. I lost all the original install files, when I lost my HD years ago.. (Had a dedicated HD just for org.ins .. )

But I retained my actually game hard drive. With all the files that had not been overwritten by these server changes .. (And the one lucky mistake.) :D

So now I have renamed the original to: madexorg.bsp .. And it can actually be played the way I made it! :D Do not know how to get it on to servers though.. :( I guess I will just have to wait till I can start my own server! ;D

Edit: PS: This is not to say I do not like the altered version of my map, I LOVE that, and give my heartfelt thanks to who ever did it! :D It is just over too fast, especially with bots .. It take like a minute or five, if one just load the map on the server, and sit and watch the bots play it out.. And takes a way a lot from the joy of playing the map.. It had specialized sniper spots, and was always meant to be a map to go on for some time.. (Hence the original 50
kills to win.)
Last edited by Gomp on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I dont need no stupid signature..

Imageind me here!

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Yeah, apparently this ok to alter others maps to match another's wants.

Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Mr. YOur no fun wrote:Yeah, apparently this ok to alter others maps to match another's wants.
Yeah.. I see it as a homage! (That they even would want to work on our maps.) .. But they should have had the decency to not just overwrite our original work..

The version of my map could be called madexant.bsp or something like that; for eksample.. (When who ever added the bots, and the antennas.)

But as luck have it, I had the original all along..

I guess the best thing to do, is to just backup ones own map version in the folder .. And get the new ones.. I will be sure to add your originals when ever I can get a server up and running myself. So keep them handy! Or mail them to me now! :D

BTW: Fun speaking with you again, real time! Long time no see! :)
I dont need no stupid signature..

Imageind me here!

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Sorry it has been a while getting back. So what have you been up to the past....7 years?