Coolnet

Topics regarding running or playing on D-Day servers.
pendragon

Re: Coolnet

Post by pendragon »

They are a mixture of europeans and americans, the pings are a mixture of high (100+) and low (50-100), the names reflect this too, some are of course new players who don't know any better, having come form other games where certain practices are normal, such as bunnying, spawn killing, tk'ing spawn and bunny nading, +-and other things we all hate.

Last weekend was an education in good admining, Highlander did a great job, kudos to him for the sheer hard work and quick reactions under difficult circumstances. However it's not much fun trying to play and admin at the same time.

Lewin also decided to lock the server for a while, after kicking most of the players leaving only a few of the older players, that was good also, but it's a bad sign when the server owner has too lock to prevent the idiots joining.

I wouldn't want to be admin at the present time, I play for enjoyment, regardless of it being Dday, RO or any other game, I don't care about being 'skilled', it's about enjoying a good game, with a decent bunch of players who are also trying to have a good time, and on dday those players are showing signs of frustration, that it's hard to enjoy yourself when every couple of seconds you're being bunny-lmg'd ( anyone remember when the Lmg was the ultimate 'noob' weapon?). Or repeatedly spawn-TK'd by some l33t named idiot, makes it all an exercise in frustration.

All in all, perhaps it's time to get into some mapping, or something, since that way I can still be a part of the community, and contribute something besides endless whining about how 'it's not like it used to be'.

Lewin

Post by Lewin »

got idea , you guys send me 25 euros and i will rent good fast serwer for years with full admining system

Himmy

Post by Himmy »

:lol:

Lewin

Post by Lewin »

what?

:)

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo »

I'd like to apply for "adminship" :/

Poland
COOLNET: D-Day Normandy Server 4.1

Players: (5/14)

Player Frags Ping
SHORTY` 10 166
bobbyjr -2 200
thiago-shadow -8 271
Grinder -15 364
MonkeyFluff -16 365

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

omfg ppl stop the bs or I will quarter you all between F-150's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

If there r no admins at coolnet then avoid it.The shit that goes on in there is fucking retarded,i can see a little bit of sillyness but this is outta control too say the least.
Ya got guys breaking every rule,no one listen plus i doubt half of em even understand english.
Worst ones are tigerboy - switches teams when his is losing and he will switch constantly.
Stalingrad - can't stay off the lower beach on dday1,if you don't kill him soon he will be in the boats with you and his lmg.
Coolnet was fun but even the admins can't get a good game in cause they have to baby sit the server,and they only can kick.Lewin needs to slap in the ability too stuff and ban players,kicking does fuck all.
Coolnet went from being a not bad server too being a fucking joke which is too bad.

pendragon

Post by pendragon »

totally agree grinder, it's out of control, and even with admins the players don't really care, after all, what's a kick, a minor inconvenience, at best it may sort out the new players from the idiots, the new players tend to learn that they have broken a rule, the idiots? they just get worse most of the time, and the only cure seems to be to drop to qxadmin and kick as soon as they connect, that works until they get bored, but meanwhile the shit continues unabated, like many have said already, Stuff and Ban, even the idiots will learn that the spawn-camping, bunnying, teamkilling has a much higher price than mere kicks, kick em, stuff em and if that fails, ban em for a while, and let em know that they can't just overrun a server with their kiddy-crap.

I don't think I've had a decent game since I got rcon, to be honest, there's always some shit needs sorting out

Ah well, rant over..... for now.....
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

New Sound Pak : pak4.rar

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

Ok lewin get your ass in gear and get that fucking server fixed up.I just finished half a game of invade1,leeworthy hit every fucking flag on axis,some guy named slipp came in and just went apeshit on us with lmg tk anything that moved.
I stayed in the game for as long as i could,till i couldn't stand it no more,the idiots are draggin that server straight down the toilet.
Yet another player named newddayguy kept switching teams when his was losing,i know this cause i was switching too keep the teams even.
You can't get in even 5mins of good gaming and thats sad.

MillHouse

Post by MillHouse »

indeed
I want a Beer as Cold as my Ex-Wifes Heart.

(29th)MillHouse

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner »

set team_kill 0

[OSS]Gen Pepper

Post by [OSS]Gen Pepper »

In my eyes being able to kick is better than nothing and ye i got 10 mins gameplay out of one and a half hours the other day with admining but if thats the way it goes so be it at least i can get a game for a bit when another admin comes in.Kicking works when you do it to people for an hour,lol.
I saw the server when the last password was leaked and noone had rcon,Bad bad carryon,Its better than that now as long as admins keep dropping in.I say this coz for the first week of us getting the new password there was like 2 admins in there loads,It may be the time i go on the server which is quite a lot really early evening more than other times every day but only see like one other admin about now the shine has rubbed off. Kicking is better than nothing and kicking the same dick splashes for a hout is like hostile yoga.

Steve.

pendragon

Post by pendragon »

Hostile Yoga, lmao, like it.

I do try to admin as long as possible, but man it's wearing me out weekdays, honestly I feel great when another admin comes on and I can play for a while, but always i'm distracted by one idiot bunny or tk'r it's never ending, as for set Team_kill 0, us poor Lrcons ain't even allowed 'rcon say' never mind 'rcon set', it's pretty much restricted to kick, (sometimes the same idiot, endlessly), seriously, even a tempban would help, we can't even lock the server to let it cool off for 10 minutes, or i seriously would some nights when i've been the only admin.

Don't get me wrong, 3 admins and it settles down after a while, and I can get some fun in, but that lasts maybe one or two maps, then it's certain one problem or another will come on.....

it's frustrating, but I'll continue to do my best,, after all, I whinged about the lack of admins, now I got my payback, it's not all bad, I got a decent Database of IP's and aliases building up, along with a quick query app that's shaping up to be a useful tool if I can get it working with SQL db's

Anyway, Coolnet is still a busy server, so problems will always occur, and the admins I do see are pretty damn good at sorting out trouble as best we can :)

Guyver

Post by Guyver »

Yea it would good if we could ban and stuff the retards of the game so they can learn a lesson :lol:
Then we can stop posts like this that just piss off the server owners.
ImageImage

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

Guyver wrote:Yea it would good if we could ban and stuff the retards of the game so they can learn a lesson :lol:
Then we can stop posts like this that just piss off the server owners.
Maybe pissing off the server owners will make em relize things need to get changed.

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

I got a feeling game play at coolnet is about too make a totall turn around.

pendragon

Post by pendragon »

Well put it this way, when I pissed off the server owner of Coolnet about the lack of admins, things changed, soon we had admins on the server a lot of the time, it's still rough at times, but it's a huge improvement over what it was like just over a month ago. So yes, I think that posts like this can promote change for the better, next stop, bans and stuffs, then we can really turn things around.

After all, coolnet is about the only server still populated most of the time, so better it's a good server to play on, for the new players, and the vets alike, where everyone plays the game as it is supposed to be played. it's the only way forward.

Once these last few details are taken care of, then perhaps i'll be able to concentrate on playing the game again, it used to be fun, at the moment it's not always.

We all know what needs to be done, sooner or later it'll happen, but not if we just bury our heads in the sand on dday1 and pretend we don't see that axis flamer in the next boat frying our team, I'd rather the server owners realised that without players their server is just wasted bandwidth, and that needs properly empowered admins, I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just voicing my opinion, and the opinion of many other players and admins i've tallked with over the weeks.

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

Well today was the first time in weeks that i had a blast at coolnet server,we actually played invade1 and no one hit the flags on axis team.
Kicking was down as well,cept for the serial idiots who just can't help themselves by switching too the winning team and the odd bunnying addict,Other than it was great games.

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

Well good things never last :-(,i suspect himler crashed the coolnet server this evening.He tried crashing it earlier by voting in a mis-spelled doomtown but it failed.
Pretty sure he waited for it too empty out then went in and did the deed.Lewin if you read this,ffs sakes get the ban command back in the server as well as the stuffing commands,this himler fucker needs too be gone for a long time.

Grimmey

Post by Grimmey »

i think we should make auto kicking servers, or robots? :o

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

I know ideas for coolnet never become relized,but maybe having it kinda like the korean server has it.
They got it set up that when you join it's impossible too make the teams uneven and tk is off.
I like team kill on,makes it more realistic,but having it off would stop the fucking kids form getting mad and tk thier own guys.And the team joining thing they have is good,cause you can't switch teams when they are even and that would stop tigerboy,mp and so many others from switchn sides when they are about too lose.

[505]Maximus

Post by [505]Maximus »

I really hope these lewin fixes these problems with coolnet, i just want dday to be an enjoyable experience!
When in doubt use a knife!- Spacemonky
Don't Change, stay the same.
This is me http://www.myspace.com/xxxxdicktatorxxxx

Grinder

Post by Grinder »

[505]Maximus wrote:I really hope these lewin fixes these problems with coolnet, i just want dday to be an enjoyable experience!
You dream big don't you lol.

Guyver

Post by Guyver »

Sweet thanks man, Any chance we can work out the gbr problems so we can play some gbr maps ?
ImageImage