Donating some Maps to the polish dll

Public Forum for Polish addon discussion
GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donating some Maps to the polish dll

Post by GypsyLlama »

I'd like to donate some maps I've been working on lately to the polish dll. It's up to you whether you want to use them or not but I think they ought to inspire some awe. I've got about 5 of them just sitting on my hd, 3 are complete, lighting and all, and the other 2 just need lighting and entities. Anyways you can reach me at screaming_homophobic@hotmail.com. Email me and we can talk about it.

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

This map I made in about 2 hours, it came as a result of fooling around with quarks terrai generator. You can easily tell how much time and effort was put into the map but regardless I think it'll be fun. Its open and big, divided by the train tracks and full fun terrain. Officers, Snipers and hmgs rejoice.

ImageImage
ImageImage

This map I've spent a lot of time on. Originaly it was a Seaside revision, but I decided to make it a river rather than the Atlantic Ocean. Attackers cross the water and assault the opposite beach. As you can see in the pictures there's a sewer deal attackers can crawl into as a longer alternative route to the action, be careful though it's easy to defend. Through a large structure attackers run across an open field to take a farmstead and grain house. From there it's a gritty urban battle among the roof tops and the dangerously close quarters of alley ways.

This map is meant as kind of a mountain battle and is, again, a product of experiments with quarks terrain editor. Like it's predecessing map it is long and skinny, however it is more like the first map listed because of its "eccentric" terrain. The allies (for now, the polish in the future?) spawn at one end of the map, axis at the other. Allies spawn among muddy hills and rocky outcroppings that they traverse until the reach a forested area with the ruins of two stone buildings. Continuing on there is more hilly terrain, and finally another forested area containing another stone building and the axis spawn.

ImageImageImage

This map is my personal favourite (Please excuse the f*cked up pictures, I dunno how that happened. Just try to ignore it, cuz this map is kewl). This map is essentially my recreation of a random block of the warsaw ghetto. Axis spawn on their side of the ghetto wall, with a large building (that should have a trans66 window that looks awesome, but for some reason didn't compile), they attack the ghetto while the Jews (hopefully the polish dll) spawn randomly in any of the 20 or so spawns they have in the map. They spawn in ruined buildings with devilish sniper points, hmg nests, tent pads essentially ;). The axis must root out the Jews while the Jews shoot at them from literally every window and crack in the wall.

ImageImage

*These maps have all been novis compiled, that is there isn't any lighting and the textures look ultra shitty

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

And just incase you were wondering here's the fifth map. Yes I can hear the groaning, another beach map. However this map can be appreciated as much for its playability as it can for its esthetics (which I admit these screenshots don't really showcase). Allies are funneled the middle of the bluff while mg's and a menagerie of guns rain unholy doom from either the pill box or the two flanking gun posts. It's a huge challenge just to make it from the beach up the bluff, all the while a clear target to anyone looking. This map however is by no means finished, infact it still needs a lot of work. I'm going to extend the axis side, and make some hedgrows and perhaps a farm for infantry, snipers, officers, and lmgs to spawn at, while the other classes spawn in the pillbox. There will be objectives for allies as well, AA guns, ammo in the pillbox, maybe a mortar nest or something. Anyways look at the screenshots and what I'm saying will make sense.

ImageImage

SHINY

Post by SHINY »

if all maps stay in we will have a big ass campain lol

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

they can take 1 of my maps, all of them, or none. All I know is that whatever doesn't get used in the polish campaign will just collect dust.

Dirk
Developer
Developer

Post by Dirk »

Awesome work!

Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Post by Rab,d »

Nice.
Wolf is also working on an Iltalian .dll. He may be interested in your maps for that, too.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

One thing though that I can't do a lot now due to school and moreover I'm lazy so some updates may get delayed.

Well good work

Lewin

Post by Lewin »

jaj good work

Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Post by Rab,d »

uhhh. I think we need to move forward with the Polish .dll. Include what Julhelm has completed and release, at least, a beta. We can always do a patch later.
Let's review Gypsy's maps to see what would be good to add..?. Currently there are 8 maps for the campaign. Adding more than 1 or 2 would be a bit large, imo. People would get tired of the Polish stuff and wanta boot up on some good 'ole dday2. Poldday11 wouldn't get it's fair share.
Here's an idea :idea: . Since you have so many and they all(?) use the terrain generator...make your own campaign! Use the Polish .dll or the Jap. I'll donate this to it if you go Jap. :wink:
This very preliminary....1 1/2 hours. I have a kewl set of textures i am gonna apply. Any way...i don';t want to hijack...
Nice work, again...hype and a final release is what it's ALL about. :wink:

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama »

Having the maps ready before the release of the dll would be no problem. There's atleast one map I really feel should be in the polish campaign and I'm going to make sure it atleast gets considered. I'll work on getting one or two complete (but probably novis) .bsp's.

SpaceMonky

Post by SpaceMonky »

I think your beach maps rule

[505]Maximus

Post by [505]Maximus »

good stuff man, keep it up!
When in doubt use a knife!- Spacemonky
Don't Change, stay the same.
This is me http://www.myspace.com/xxxxdicktatorxxxx

MacMillan

Post by MacMillan »

great maps... only the propblem is that they only will be played 1 time... or even less... :( dday 1 - 5 for live!!! lol..
- Marc

51st Highland Infantry Division

http://www.freewebs.com/51highlanddev/index.htm

Gomp
Developer
Developer

Re:

Post by Gomp »

MacMillan wrote:great maps... only the propblem is that they only will be played 1 time... or even less... :( dday 1 - 5 for live!!! lol..

That is a lie, and a shitty atitude! :lol:

I made madex, and I played it many many many times!

..many many! ...

It would be neat to see it in a campain though. ;)

:D
I dont need no stupid signature..

Imageind me here!