Can you name these maps

Topics related to map making for D-Day.
Night Rider

Can you name these maps

Post by Night Rider » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Using the Wayback machine I found some dday maps that I like too play. Not sure if they was released. Just hope someone knows the name's so I can start searching for them.

http://web.archive.org/web/200512221858 ... 015bd8dd64
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"
John Wayne

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Re: Can you name these maps

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:02 pm

That looks a lot like Grims old project. I don't know what hapened, he kept saying he was doing it and only he could do it, but then some people said the images were from another game. But he did make an engine for the game where the explosions looked like explosions and snow and rain and fog happened, without egl.

Night Rider

Post by Night Rider » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:28 pm

Yes that makes sense now using Google translate this was in the info.

Most do not become discouraged , I have good news , the Grim , a current international camunidade Developer is developing a PAK , which will apply these updates in dday , ie , now no longer a new game , will be a PAK for upgrade, launch is planned for the anniversary of dday or the day of creation of the first version of dday , these dates are not certain since 06 / June anniversary of dday has passed ... then just wait !
John Wayne

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Grim was into telling me that the best asset the game had was him. Maybe, but when others named the game he was taking images from, he kind of left. I don't know, I never saw this other game, but he did evaporate.

Night Rider

Post by Night Rider » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Thank You MYNF for that info on Grim. I was reading up on him in the forum and there was a lot of talk about his DDay project. http://www.ddaydev.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hilit=grim Well looking over my DDay files I found this hidden treasure gdday.rar well look what I found in there a map called vill.bsp I was like a little kid at christmas loading this map up. Found all the textures too for it also. I just have one problem the grass does not look the same. Its like its missing something because the grass texture is there just not the way it should be. Will work on it more later just glad I found the map :D
John Wayne

Gomp
Developer
Developer

Post by Gomp » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Hehe.. I still have my gdday folder. it is about 1,43 gig ..
I dont need no stupid signature..

Imageind me here!

InFerNo
Developer
Developer

Post by InFerNo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:39 pm

That's gdday1. I took half of those screenshots back then. It was cool, but didn't quite feel the same. I think reason why we stuck to dday was because of how it felt. Plenty of other WW2 games that looked better and we still didn't switch over.

Project files got lost, all I have are some of the assets that don't do anything without the server-side stuff.