Configuring Quark

Topics related to map making for D-Day.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Shrewd

Configuring Quark

Post by Shrewd » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Once again I'm trying some things with Quark...

Since last updates, maps and stuff, my textures folder has some png and other type of files that Quark refuses to open.
To solve this, I think Quark must be set for doing Quake 3 maps, so that way opens most type of textures.
But then normal quake 3 textures are missing :P
Isn't there a way of making new type of textures recognized by Quark?

Also making a Q3 map means that people not using EGL won't be able to open the file? (EGL supports quake3 stuff, and normal q2 doesn't)

But well I discovered that a little trick for not having to use the tmpquark folder, and just using the dday original one. For this you need to create an add-on and making a configuration file to point to the dday folder. Also this gets all game specific entities so its a easier to make ammo, or stuff to appear on the map, better than looking to a guide on a web.

Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Re: Configuring Quark

Post by Rab,d » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:47 pm

Do all you Spainards speak(type) perfect English...or what? lol.
My brain is mush right now, or I would reply with some advice. Maybe tomorrow.

Shrewd

Post by Shrewd » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:34 am

Perfect english ? :S thats irony ?? xD
Well my english is good but not perfect.
Anyway got another doubt, can "misc_md2" be solid? I've looked for forums and found people talking about "phys_md2" but don't know how that even works.

Fafner
Developer
Developer

Post by Fafner » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:53 am

You can with the new dll on Rabid's but not the old. You'd set min and max bounding boxes.
Lke:
"min" "-24 -24 -10"
"max" "24 24 36"

The old way is to put a brush on top of the misc_md2 and give it the no draw flag.

Shrewd

Post by Shrewd » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:55 am

Nice, thx for the answer ;)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable