Practice/Target range

Topics related to map making for D-Day.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
killa420

Practice/Target range

Post by killa420 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:01 pm

i've had an idea for a while now, but im not so efficient in quark....

i would like to see a map (probably just an existing map, modified) where you can run through and shoot at targets , say as a sniper, have 15-20 long range targets, some short range pistol targets and a knife target not necessarily in any particular order...

Could a map be set up to be timed and record accuracy and precision?

It would be a one player map but you could play on your own... just type in console map "***" ?

just want some feedback to find out if its possible...

Quakeroats

Post by Quakeroats » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:22 am

download map vrdday

http://fubar.homeftp.net/ftp/maps/vrdday.zip

holy faking a. thank god fubar is up again :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :!:

i would tell you people about the map but that would give it away. you guys gotta play it yourselves, but it has to do that Craig is talking about.

Luiso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Luiso » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:53 am

i think shrewd (spanish player) made a map like this when he was younger. i'll ask him.
"[...]As I take hits from the bong[...]"

SHINY

Post by SHINY » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:08 am

i made one ones while iw as still in 1AD but i think only AMD saw it and wolf maybe

Quakeroats

Post by Quakeroats » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:44 am

its a really nice map :!:

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:20 pm

For targets you could place triggers to be shot at specific points on the target board. ie a trigger in the middle for a bullseye and triggers around it for less accurate shots. The triggers when shot would target a flag or something the color of which would tell the player where on the target he hit. As for the timer you could have an explosion or series of explosions that go off in the map at specific time intervals. Say the time to beat is 15 seconds. Have these explosions go off every 26. 10 seconds for the spawn interval, 1 second for the player to run to the range and the remaining 15 seconds for him to complete it. I like this idea. I think it would provide a fast paced way to improve one's speed and accuracy.

Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Post by Rab,d » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:57 pm

you could setup func_trains with health values to mimmick moving targets. make the func_trains target an objective. Or have several target a func_counter that needs a few targets to reach goal. You will need shaef for these things.

Shrewd

Post by Shrewd » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:50 pm

Well... yes, as Luiso said, I've one map only for snipers with just 4 or 5 targets that you destroy and it's over... nothing more to do there.
I get "index: overflow on vrdday map.. :S

Last days, I've been trying some new things...
I tryed "turrets" with good results :P

And func_train on quark, becouse I didn't knew how it worked... good resoults again :D

And now, I read this topic... And I've been trying func_train to make objectives....

Well, just set heath at func_train and tried the map...
And lookin to the target moving... my riffle separates from me and DOES THE SAME WAY/PATH AS I'VE SET in Quark for the target!!!

Pic of it :http://usuarios.lycos.es/shrewd/pic1.jpg

Any explanation??? :P or any idea to make a good "objective" that u're gave points with a train thing ?

Shrewd

Post by Shrewd » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:23 pm

:D i discovered one thing ! you can't have trastparent textures on func_train ... I think that was causing that bugs..

killa420

Post by killa420 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:19 pm

i was thinking of making it like a real course, where you have blinds so you have to shoot from different stances, and only have 1 or 2 targets per position, then run to the next... maybe longer than 15 seconds...and maybe randomize the targets to further test reflexes/skill...

also, when i up load a map in quark there are no textures.. what files are they in?

Shrewd

Post by Shrewd » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:28 pm

Sounds nice ;)

For textures you have to go to the texture browser and add them, click on the button next to the "search" and select dday folder.

[169th]Ken

Post by [169th]Ken » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:44 pm

vr dday doesn't work :( when I get a WORKING target pratice map?

Luiso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Luiso » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:13 am

stop bumping old topics ffs!

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:21 pm

He's bumping you? Get a room.

[169th]Ken

Post by [169th]Ken » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:24 pm

Come on where can I get a shooting range map? Vr dday keeps giving me
ERROR INDEX OVERFLOW
Any way of fixing this?

Luiso

Post by Luiso » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:09 am

1. make a better map yourself.

2. get a life so you dont actually worry about that error.