--->Rab,d's<--- DDay 1-5 ret3x

Topics related to map making for D-Day.
Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Re: --->Rab,d's<--- DDay 1-5 ret3x

Post by Rab,d » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:01 am

Here's the texture pack. 78 textures in all. This only textures the majority of DDay2. The interior textures have not been done, yet. They are substantially harder than the exterior textures. Those and the details textures, like lights, signs, etc will be done at a later time. I will be moving on to texturing dday3, next.
Here's the .pkz file for EGL users. A .pkz file is a .zip file with the extention changed...so, if you want to ue these textures with another engine like Q2Max, you can unzip them to your /dday folder.
If you are using EGL, just place this .pkz file in your /dday folder. Do not unzip it.
Enjoy!
http://files.filefront.com/r3tex+dday2+ ... einfo.html

RogoS[Ums]
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by RogoS[Ums] » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:46 pm

You really should experiment with bump-mapping.. D-Day will looks a lot better with that.
---------------
DDW
---------------

GypsyLlama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GypsyLlama » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:41 pm

Top notch job rab!

Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Post by Rab,d » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Thx, Gyps.
On a side note...i think users of R1Q2 can change the extention to .pak and they will be used without unzipping.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:51 pm

RogoS[Ums] wrote:You really should experiment with bump-mapping.. D-Day will looks a lot better with that.
Not in q2 it doesn't.

RogoS[Ums]
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by RogoS[Ums] » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:27 am

q2 not.. egl yes :)
---------------
DDW
---------------

Rab,d
Developer
Developer

Post by Rab,d » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:15 am

Q3/EGL doesn't support true bumpmapping. But, it has a similar effect. Heightmapping. This is the same as other heightmaps you can make for various 3d stuff, using shades of grey or color to specify the relative elevation of that spot. :)
So, i can take a texture of a brickwall...make a heightmap of it that identifies the mortar as being uneven with the brick. During compilation of the lighting, q3map2 will use the heightmap and produce a lightmap for the surfaces with the heightmapping shader/texture. This lightmap will change the appearance of the shadows upon those surfaces, producing simulated depth. Fwew. I have messed with a bit. It works rather well. But, it's tricky to make just the right heightmap for a texture. And that's the key to it.

Well, i might as well spam some spoilers at you. :)
Here's 90% done dday5 R3tex. I just gotta make the trans textures/shaders and the outdoor terrain and bunker textures. I am gonna try to wrap this up next week some time. I have been busy as Hell irl, though.

8)

-CDL-hAnS!!

Post by -CDL-hAnS!! » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:21 pm

where the download ?? lol

nice work rab,d !!
^NTK^hAnS!!

mofo

Post by mofo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:59 pm

its a spoiler you dink!!!

anyway, lookin pretty nice there rab......maybe itll be done when i get off my next ship eh?
"Babies are little maracas sent from above."

PowaBanga

Post by PowaBanga » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:34 pm

theyr is no one links working. Is anybody have yet this files, can he send them one a new link please ?
You can join me on IRC : in irc.quakenet.org chan : #ddayhome or on Freenode, chan #ddaynormandy .
Do not hesitate to type my pseudo to highlight me.
Or open an issue on github to highligh me by mail.
RSS

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:31 am

Wow he did this a long time ago. I don't know that I have what he had, but I will look through my folders and see what I kept.s