DDay event Saturday 03/06

Discussion about the game D-Day: Normandy.
PowaBanga

DDay event Saturday 03/06

Post by PowaBanga » Wed May 24, 2017 6:54 am

I just created an event on facebook for make full the servers this saturday 03/06 !

If you did not play since very much time, just reinstall the game and come on !

The event start at 7h00pm to 05h00am GTM+2 !

Do not forget to come, and call your friends in this party !
You can join me on IRC : in irc.quakenet.org chan : #ddayhome or on Freenode, chan #ddaynormandy .
Do not hesitate to type my pseudo to highlight me.
Or open an issue on github to highligh me by mail.
RSS

Night Rider

Re: DDay event Saturday 03/06

Post by Night Rider » Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 pm

I am guessing that 03/06 is really June 6th 2017, the 73rd D-Day Anniversary! Plus 6/6/17 is on a Tuesday.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"
John Wayne

PowaBanga

Post by PowaBanga » Wed May 31, 2017 3:35 am

I choosed saturday 03/06 because usually there is more poeple the saturday. We are not in three days i think... whether ?
You can join me on IRC : in irc.quakenet.org chan : #ddayhome or on Freenode, chan #ddaynormandy .
RSS

TRUE

Post by TRUE » Wed May 31, 2017 5:28 am

Sure man , for the last couple of days we have had a lot of players at the moments there were 5 vs 5, the game is still good and fun , it's nice to see that you made your friends play dday :) , I hope they will stay in the game.
Keep it alive !!

PowaBanga

Post by PowaBanga » Wed May 31, 2017 7:02 am

Lol, I just say to them "can install something on your computer ?" without said what about haha and it work.

But I realize that the install 5.02 is very problematic, very too difficult to configure for newbies, they do not find what are the key binds, servers are not updated, it is really a shit for new players.

And they do not know how to play, how to use movements, like stand up/crouch, shoulder to aim (like on this video haha), long/short range with grenades, how to use fix weapons. When they jump 3 times, after they don't understand, and asked to me with very much frustration: "What the fuck ? Why can't I jump any time ?". When they are blow-up by a mine, they are really frustrated, because they don't understand why they are died. Or for the airborne, they ask "how to do for open chute ?" and they do not know that they can use it only one time.
They do not want go on a website to read for understand all of that, but in this case, I was here to explain all of that.
Very much actual players thinks that the game can be more popular with best graphic, but it is not the only stuff.

I think that if somebody make a tutorial map, for explain all of that, and how to play some mode game, like CIV, CTC, VIP mode, or with capture/destroy objectives, It could be one realy more good stuff for the game. same you True, when we played in CIV mode you did not understood how it work :p
(it was too funny to see you turning around him without understand how to capture it :D )

And finally, I think that to make event regularly could be a good idea (but not too much, i think that the players have to understand the the event is a minimum important). I think that very much player are plaintiff of that. By using facebook, it work good. But the problem with that, it's that it is not a great work, but I am the only guy to make events actually, and if I stop to play for a period, we need that somebody else create it. So if anybody want to create an event, do not hesitate to contact me, I need you ! ;) I can give acces to you on facebook to do that :). In fact, since I create the facebook page, Only JoeBelgier asked to me for have access and use facebook by past, and it work.

On very much youtube video, you can see comments where players ask if somebody play to this game, and imple by create event, send screenshot on facebook, create vidéos, answer on forum, or facebook (and like all stuff on fb or youtube), or simply using a client to be automaticly connected to irc, you show that it is the case.
RSS