Steam or GOG.com?

Discussion about the game D-Day: Normandy.
Nklobe

Steam or GOG.com?

Post by Nklobe » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi! I guess this question has been asked alot of times, but would not this game benefit from getting up on GOG or Steam? or is there no interest? maybe its a problem with licensing? I just want to know what you think.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Re: Steam or GOG.com?

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:36 pm

There is little interest, and the guy who did most the coding a few years ago is pretty much retired, though he comes by occasionally. A few people have asked, but I think he gave a reason not to. Not sure where, feel free to search for steam or gog.

Nklobe

Post by Nklobe » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:04 pm

It would be nice to know that all license stuff is ok before someone tries to contact GOG. and with Steam, i guess someone needs to put it up on greenlight.

Mr. YOur no fun
Developer
Developer

Post by Mr. YOur no fun » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:00 am

Not entirely clear what you are asking but this is not a commercial venture, this was the work of many people in the community for our own entertainment and amusement. Quake 2 is allowed to be used this way as long as no one tries to make a commercial venture with it, otherwise Carmack and his decedents would bring their lawyers to have a discussion. And as for licensing to be in those other formats. well I don't know if there is energy or care for it. But if you are asking if we need to license from Steam or GOG you are welcome to go ask them to further the question along.

DDayDude1

Post by DDayDude1 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:30 am

good stuff. well ive been dabbing in this for a while. first off u need $100 USD to add a game on steam. but thats first part. Then users need to vote it to be able for it to be greenlit. So we need a shitload of dday players on steam or people who would wanna play this game to support and greenlit it! After all of that bingo! DDay Normandy on Steam. Im willing to paypal croudsource it so we can add this mothafuckin classic to steam! I remember when I added DDay to desura.com and when it was released. Holyfuck!!!!!!!!! i never seen so many new players . It was an amazing month. BTW the first week was insane. But i guess people quit because the control config settings didnt stay and well bots were to hard lol. we need a noob proof release with bugs/ and great controls/config release.

Nklobe

Post by Nklobe » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:50 am

Yeah the controller conf is a problem... but maby someone should upload it to itch.io to get some traction and when the contoller is fixed you could look at a steam release?